Thursday, April 2, 2020

Loving Father, You Have Made Me


Written in 1991 as a brief meditation on our triune God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--who creates, rescues, and nurtures each believer.  Our response, as Luther once said: "for all which it is my duty to thank and praise, serve and obey Him.  This is most certainly true."  Sung to a wonderful and warm new tune by Jonathan Kohrs which he calls LOVING FATHER. 

1.   Loving Father, You have made me,
      As a potter forms the clay,
      Molded for a special purpose:
      That I might Your love display.

2.   Jesus, Shepherd, You have sought me,
      When I wandered from Your fold;
      Laying down Your life as ransom,
      Shedding blood worth more than gold!

3.   Holy Spirit, You have called me,
      Brought me to my Savior’s side:
      Branch upon the Vine now growing,
      By Your grace all needs supplied.

4.   God the Father, Son, and Spirit,
      Three in One and One in Three;
      Lord, accept the thanks I offer,
      Serving You my joy shall be!

No comments: